Tuesday, October 16, 2012
I'm about to head off to bed, but I wanted to celebrate some successes.
* I have stayed within calorie limits for three days straight.
* I have worked out for three days straight.
* I have eaten healthy foods!
* I have decided that 2 Hershey's dark chocolate kisses are the perfect treat.
* I have recognized when I'm hungry and when I'm just wanting to eat.
* I have recognized that I AM hungry at 8:30, so I plan ahead to have a snack at that time. After all, a calorie is a calorie no matter what time it is.
* I have seen some small movements on the scale, but even better I am seeing some immediate physical effects, like a tighter mid-section.
It's funny how I just spent a couple of months feeling rather lackadaisical about fitness and nutrition, and suddenly on Saturday I had some sort of epiphany. But here I am, motivated and focused, and ready to go.
For the record, because putting it in writing always drives up the determination, here are my numbers:
Last week: 146
Maintenance range: 140-145
Goal by Halloween: 144
Goal by Thanksgiving: 142
I CAN DO IT!!!