So I was looking back over my goals for October...boy have I messed up on these.
1) Needing to start walking- Okay, I've done this one...though not as much as I would like to be doing. I know I can kick my butt and get moving more.
2) Plan my meals- total fail on this one. If it's not part of the weekend challenge it doesn't seem to get done. I know this is a work in progress, but it's hard admitting defeat on this one. I have done better about the types of food that I bring into the house, though...that's one plus. =)
3) Drink water- still a 50/50 on that. I'm having a hard time breaking the soda habit again...especially with working so many days in a row...it's hard to not drink a mt. dew to try to stay awake, though I'm sure coffee would do far better.
4) Find motivation- yup, still a fail. Betty from the Pink Vikings posted a Monday motivation post all about losing the motivation and how to find it...think I might need to print it out and stick it to my bedroom door.
5) Find some nice clothes....I got this! There's some garage sale sites on facebook that I found some really nice "work-dress" clothes. The lady was selling them for $5 a shirt, so I now have some interview shirts if the need arises (which I'm hoping will be soon!) I showed them to my boyfriend, and he liked all but one (a pea green sweater...I'm still not sure about that one either, quite honestly), so I feel like I did ok on this goal. Might need to find a few pairs of jeans still. I hardly have the need to wear street clothes anymore, so I don't have a whole lot that look good on me.
6) Find some "me" time....hmm...not sure if I've really done this one or not. I have taken long hot baths (something I never used to enjoy but now relish!), but I still haven't done any real pampering for myself. I'm hoping to make an appointment to get my hair colored this weekend. *fingers crossed*
So I took my boyfriend grocery shopping on Friday, and I have to say that it does make a difference having him with me. I spent wayyyy too much, but some of it was staples that we were out of, so all in all I'm guessing it wasn't terrible. He's been cooking super healthy food all weekend. Yesterday, though, my inner fat kid won out. I was craving grease and cheese, and I know I could have ordered a smaller burger and probably felt just as satisfied, but inner fat kid wanted the baconator (doh!). So I messed up really bad yesterday, and I know it...I'm just hoping that my one super bad day won't neutralize all the really great food and the exercise I've done for the week. I have a massive migraine right now, which I know is partly from lack of sleep but also from all that sodium and grease. Today, I'm drinking water (4 cups down so far) and I've had a Luna bar and am working on a greek yogurt right now. Also, a cup of coffee to nurse the migraine. =( Really just hoping that weigh-in tomorrow isn't completely terrible.