Weekly Update Blog
Sunday, October 14, 2012
Another stressful college week! (There's probably a trend here) I really get stressed with deadlines and I have one on Monday.. yeah, that's tomorrow! Ethics submission and research proposal for my final year thesis. Argh! I can do it though. And I can do it without sabotaging my other goals ;)
I am happy to say I think I stuck with my plans pretty well this week! The one time I fell off the wagon was Wednesday. Every Wednesday my friends and I do this dinner party thing where one person hosts and the rest come and eat. It's fantastic but I suspect it is getting a little bit in the way of my weight loss! Last week I had the most enormous burger and 4 queen cakes. I tracked them as realistically as I could, probably over estimated a little bit. I only went over 500 calories so I'm pretty happy with that, but I need to be more controlled next wednesday!
Anyway, this is how I got on with my goals:
1) Balance my calories + macronutrients. I'm going to keep enough protein every day! I'm going to do this consistently!
- Yes I did this! I did it pretty well actually. By the end of the week my protein intake had increased noticeably so I'm happy!
2) Blog about my Non Scale Victories. I need to remind myself of how far I've come. I was really disappointed to notice that I've not lost any inches except one around my neck since I started. I don't even know how that's possible when I've lsot 10 pounds.
- I blogged about my Non Scale Victories but I am still a little disappointed about the lack of inch loss. I have to measure myself again for the Week 5 fitness test so we'll see how that goes.
3) Do Zumba at least three times a week!
4) Walk home at least 3 times this week.
- I did 2 times a week. I was going to do Friday but I had a laptop to carry and I was scared it would rain.
5) Get my thesis stuff sorted because it's so so so stressful spending all this time in the library and nothing to show for it :(
- I forgot I had put this in. The good news it is sorted. Now I just have to finish writing up my research proposal and ethics submission. But the methodology is pretty much down - I know what I am doing now.
Next Week I Would Like To:
1) Limit what I eat at Wednesday's Dinner Party. I don't need to indulge myself THAT much! Even controlling my portion would work better.
2) Zumba three times a week. I'm getting good at it!
3) No fizzy drinks this week!
4) Walk home three times a week. It's the little bits of exercise like this that really add up I think.
5) Do two full body strength training sessions. Figure out what they are and do them!
Hope everyone had a good week!