The good news: We are all fine! The bad news: Dealing with a house fire.
Friday, October 12, 2012
For those Sparkers who are also my Facebook friend, this is just a copy of what I posted on FB. Thanks for checking up on me. :-)
So, here's what's new in my and Jack's lives the past couple days: Small fire at our house. We are fine and all pets fine too. Small amount of damage to the house. But, we have no electricity, no landline phone, no internet, no cable, and likely won't have any back until Tuesday at the earliest. :-(
Next to the no electricity, the worst thing is the smell of smoke and burned/melted vinyl siding. It permeates the house, including clothes of course. They are bringing some fabulous ozone machines next week, which are supposed to suck out or somehow get rid of most of the bad odors. I'm looking for ward to that!
All in all, we are very very lucky. Some nearby construction workers saw the smoke & flames fast and called 911, fire dept arrived quickly (but Jack and the workers had fire out already). Everyone is fine!!! The insurance co. is being great! The local electric co. was very responsive (not their fault the electric won't be back on quicker), contractor was very quick to respond, neighbor brought us coffee this morning (love them!!!), pets are still a little unsettled but doing fine. Insurance gave us temp housing. I cannot take the smell in the house so I'm staying at the hotel nights until that is cleaned up. Jack can tolerate the smell so he is is staying at home with the critters; he does not want to uproot them by bringing them to the hotel. That may change if he freezes in the house tonight. We have lots to be thankful for and I can't thank all these people enough.
That about sums it up. I hope your weekend is not as eventful as ours has started.
With all this going on, I will be online a bit less than usual. I'll catch up with you all when things calm down on this end.
Take care and remember to give thanks for all your blessings. I am certainly doing that.