Nutrition: How to gain control over eating - without starving
* Principle: Control calorie intake so your exercise can burn off the fat.
* Food is fuel for the next workout or the next 3 hours-keep it flowing in controlled amounts.
* Food contains the building blocks of muscle, bone, organs which must be replaced daily
* Budget daily totals-through portion control- this keeps you in the conscious brain.
* Combining foods so that you feel satisfied with fewer calories consumed.
* Get a "reality check" as you account for the calories every night-eaten and burned (vitamins, minerals, protein, etc.).
* You're in control: Set up your reality check--websites, weight monitoring programs, etc. Look at fitday.com, calorieking.com, sparkpeople.com, and the apps like Fat Secrets.
* The key to feeling good is managing blood sugar level, which helps you maintain motivation.
* Eat every 2-3 hours.
* Never say never-don't totally abstain from foods you love, ration them- budget them!
* Drink water or other low/non calorie drinks with food and throughout the day to feel satisfied longer.
* Crucial for workout energy: eat 100-300 calories within 30 min. of the finish of a workout (composed of 80% simple carb/20% protein).
* By writing down everything you eat, you can maintain conscious control over eating and avoid subconscious reflex eating (with no accountability).
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND SPARKERS!!!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE RACERS THIS WEEKEND
"BRING IT X's 2"