Thursday, October 11, 2012
Today My action step is to talk about the changes I've noticed in my body and mind since I started this journey. Considering I have been on this journey for quite some time, but have really been more focused the past few months, I will say I have noticed some changes. Even though I have had no changes on the scale, I have noticed a few things that seem to be beneficial to my body and mind.
1. I notice I am more focused after a good workout.
2. I crave activity more. Mostly I crave hikes and walks out in the forest and area around here. I am getting bored a bit with my elliptical exercises.
3. I am starting to crave healthier foods more. I have no real explaination about the oreos but overall I honestly am not craving sweet things... maybe my healthy apple crisp or healthier recipe for pumpkin pie i have!
4. Workouts are getting easier. I have gone from level 1 on the interval on my elliptical machine and am at 3... and Level 3 is becoming easier.
5. I find I can keep up with my husband a bit better when we go walking about. He is tall and has long legs, so sometimes it can be tough to keep up with him, when he forgets i'm tagging along
6. I do feel more excited about trying new things. I have been trying new recipes and I am wanting to try new exercises and go to new places. Being more fit will help when visiting new places and hiking and walking as well.
Those are my changes in a positive light that I have noticed. I still haven't noticed any change in my clothes or scale and I really do actually hate that. I have been trying to lose weight for over a year and half and haven't really moved except slightly up.
I will say it has been a disheartening journey. I probably am still not eating quite enough perhaps.
Blood test results are back as well. I am apparently "normal". I think my thyroid is still on the low end of normal.. but the doc doesn't care. Ah well. I did get my box this morning from my parents. SO I have my nutrition paper from the nutritionist I went to last spring. I may have my hubby make a couple of copies of it so I have backups!