Wow! It's been an entire week since I blogged on here. A little nuts on the homefront.
In this past week, I've managed to stay within my ranges for the most part, even though I allowed myself (here and there) to indulge in:
McD's double stack w/o cheese
taco soup (salty, all from canned ingredients)
But, that's not what this post is really about, it's about some more Non-Scale Victories (NSV's) that I've logged.
1. My roommate saw me from behind and exclaimed, "Your a** is getting tiny!" Second time that word has been used in relation to ME... Still reeling over that one!
2. People are now asking me what I'm doing, and really paying attention as we discuss the simplicity of all this. (Note: I said simplicity, I did not say it was easy.)
3. On the heels of #2, I'm able to teach tidbits of what I've learned, about the need to track, about cooking with less salt, about how to use more vegetables, about using ingenuity (and the tracker) to still be able to eat your favorite treats, etc.
4. Being more disciplined in the area of food and exercise is beginning (finally!) to spill over to other areas of my life. (Discipline in general has always been a struggle for me.)
5. I do believe I've established at least one good habit...daily exercise. It's now so ingrained, that if I haven't done anything by bedtime, I put off bedtime to get some strength training in. Only, it's now rare not to have done something by bedtime.
6. I just did a small-scale clothing swap with one other person...got some sweet things in size 12 that actually fit! (Plus a pair of "goal pants" in a size 10. And these "goal pants" are still technically an intermediate goal...I do believe by the time I'm at goal, I'll be a size 8.)
7. My siblings haven't seen me since I began losing weight. I won't see them until Christmas, most likely. I keep imagining how they'll react. I should be at least in a 10 by then, and that's the smallest I ever was in my adult life...actually, since I was 12 years old. I lasted about a year at size 10 in my early 20's, then began creeping up bit by bit. They will be shocked. hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
hehehehehehe - I can't wait!