Be wary of false choices
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
It’s tempting to frame certain choices or attitudes in an either/or way, and yet, so often, that choice is misleading. Do you ever find yourself thinking in these terms?
• I can be positive, or I can be authentic.
• I can have a few real friends, or I can have lots of superficial friends.
• I must worry about the happiness of other people, or I must worry about my own happiness.
• I can have a life full of fun, passion, and adventure, or I can have security.
• I can have a job I enjoy, or I can make good money.
Maybe these are your only two choices, but maybe not.