Monday, October 08, 2012
October Week 1r Review
I lost 0.5 pound last week. Not a big loss, but I am happy because it is a loss and I have been having some progress for a few weeks now and that makes me happy.
Fitness was amazing. While I never accomplished everything on my goals list I exercised every day and for 60+ minutes except on Sunday which was 33 minutes.
Nutrition - I was fairly consistent with tracking and stayed within my range every day except for one.
Watercontinued to be fairly consistent at 11 - 8 ounce glasses daily, one day was only 8 but that was a travel day and one day was 10.
My plans for week 2:
1. Sunday – 45 minute walk or some other form of cardio
2. Monday – 60 minute Zumba or some other form of cardio
3. Tuesday – 30 minute lower body and core strength plus 30 minutes cardio
4. Wednesday – 60 minutes Qigong plus 30 minute upper body strength
5. Thursday – 60 minute bike ride
6. Friday – 30 minute lower body and core strength plus 30 minutes cardio
7. Saturday – 30 minutes upper body strength plus 30 minute cardio
Totals for week =
120 minutes strength plus
250 minutes of cardio; plus
60 minutes Qi gong
minimum daily activity of 15 minutes
Water: continue drinking an average of 11 8-ounce glasses per day
Nutrition: This has been the challenging part of my journey for some time. In the past I have succeeded in losing weight so I know that I can do it. My plan for the next 8 weeks is:
1. Practice mindful eating
2. Remind myself continually throughout the day of my nutrition goals
3. Curb my craving for sugar – allow myself one sweet treat per meal, such as one peppermint candy and no more
4. Track my food in the food tracker throughout the day so that I know where I am with my calories
5. Stay within my calorie range of 1200 to 1500 calories every day
6. Be mindful of other things besides besides calories, such as protein, fat, carbs, etc.
First and foremost stay focused.
Over all week 1 was a success. Now to continue the ball rolling.