The Power of Eight!
Monday, October 08, 2012
This is an eight part challenge that I posted in one of my spark teams today. I thought I would post it here as well, because I think that it could help all of us stay focused. One of the challenges is to invite 8 people to join our team. I am going to be inviting 8 people individually, however, if you are reading this, please come check out the team and feel free to join us as well. This challenge was originally drawn up and posted for members of the "Getting Ready for Summer ~ 2013" team. I want this summer to be my lightest and healthiest summer ever! Anyway, here's the challenge:
Ok, so I was looking at our team. We are a small team, but we have big dreams and goals for ourselves!!! And I believe in us! Then, for some reason I looked at the calendar and realized that tomorrow is the 8th day of the month. Then my mind started wondering... and I had an idea. Let's use the number 8 to motivate us! Ok? Stay with me here... This could be fun and help us to focus on our goals... So I came up with a list of 8 things for each of us to do over the next 8 days:
1. Invite 8 friends to join this team. Look at your list of sparkfriends or people that you have seen on sparkpeople that you think have good ideas and are fun to chat with and are encouraging. If you need to, go to the message boards and invite people you've never "talked" to before. If all 8 of us invite 8 people to join this team... we could bring some new life to the team.
2. Huddle every day for 8 days. You can click on a preset huddle message, just type "hi", or what ever you want. Just huddle once a day and read what everyone else huddles. It will help us feel connected.
3. Check in on the team page and post something in the team threads at least once a day for 8 days. It can be as simple as "I'm on track", "I'm having a good day", "I'm struggling", whatever... But taking the time to post something helps us realize that we aren't in this alone... we have a team supporting us and cheering us on.
4. Log your food for 8 days. EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth. Whether it was a good choice or not, if you stayed in your calorie range or not, doesn't matter. Just log it and be honest with yourself. I have my food log set to public so you can all check on me and see if I am doing what I am asking you to do. If you aren't already doing this, you will be surprised at what a great help this can be.
5. Exercise for at least 8 minutes a day for the next 8 days. Whatever you want to do. Make it fun. Dance, walk, bike, swim, garden, just do something. And log it.
6. Over the course of the next 8 days, give away 8 sparkgoodies. They can be to anyone you like, but just think of the motivation we will all get if we give sparkgoodies to one another on this team. With just the 8 of us, if we give goodies to everyone on the team... by the end of the 8 days we will each have received 56 goodies. How fun would that be!!!
7. Drink water. Ok, I know that this is going to sound familiar... drink 8 cups of water every day for the next 8 days. And log it. It's that simple. You can either fill up water bottles to equal 64 ounces and you will know you have hit your goal when they are empty, or set a timer to go off every hour and drink 1 cup every time the timer goes off for 8 hours.
8. Do a blog on your sparkpage that others can see. And are you ready for this... (Ok, I will give you 2 choices of how to do this). I want us to come up with 8 things that we are thankful for. Either do 1 blog and list 8 things that you are thankful for or do 1 blog a day for 8 days telling 1 thing each day that you are thankful for. And if we check out one another's blogs, we will find even more encouragement and motivation.
So, what do you think? The Power of Eight! That is us, 8 people on one team working together to reach some goals and encourage one another along the way. Let's do this!