Sunday, October 07, 2012
So for this week's "Rock It" challenge we need to share two 30 minute workout playlists. My music taste is all over the place (county, classic rock [especially Skynyrd, Zeppelin, and Floyd], hard rock, metal), but not many of my usual favorites work for me when it comes to pumping me up for working out. When it comes to me, working out music falls into two camps:
1. While I generally don't like dance/club/pop music and would never admit to listening to it, I have found it is the only thing that will do the trick when it comes to running. It has been a critical part of my program and progress. It's like a dirty little secret LOL. I call it my "treadmill trash". Here's a current playlist I have for this...
- Let it Rock - Kevin Rudolf
- What a Feeling - Peter Luts & Dominico
- Rhythm is a Dancer - Snap!
- Pump up the Jam - D.O.N.S.
- Telephone - Lady GaGa
- Evacuate the Dance Floor - Cascada
- What You Waiting For - Gwen Stefani
- Bulletproof - La Roux
- More - Usher
- Like a G6 - Far East Movement
2. I don't generally use a playlist for strength training because I usually follow circuit DVDs, but when I do, it needs to be on the heavier side. I call that my "Kick A$$ Favorites"...
- Burn it to the Ground - Nickelback
- The Wicker Man - Iron Maiden
- Rainbow in the Dark - Dio
- Thunderstruck - AC/DC
- Psycho Circus - KISS
- Black Licorice - Grand Funk Railroad
- Gasoline - Seether
- Starting Me Up Again - Bangkok Five
- Good Times - Finger Eleven
- Trapped Under Ice - Metallica
And my favorite cool down song is Get Together by Madonna.
I'm having fun seeing the other "Rock-it" team lists - lots of stuff I've never heard of before to explore!
Have a great week Sunnies Gals team !!