Sunday, October 07, 2012
Today I completed my third Sprint triathlon. Here’s the good and the bad. ..
1. It was cold (52 degrees) and I did not pack a wet suit. The day before it was 89 degrees
2. My swim time ranked dead last
3. In the last 100 yards I took in too much water; freaked out and had to take a kayak break.
4. I fell during the bike ride(HARD), skinned my left knee and my entire leg (all that wasn’t covered by my TRI-shorts)
1. I finished 4th in my age group
2. My run average 8.48 per mile
3. I biked 18.9 mph
4. The event took place inside a beautiful neighborhood with very friendly residents.
5. I felt stronger in the water
6. My group of 5 received 2 awards
I registered for the TRI to help prepare for my Olympic TRI on the 21st. I didn’t expect to enjoy myself as much as I did. I keep saying this but…I love when there’s no pressure.