Sunday, October 07, 2012
It is Thanksgiving here in Canada tomorrow. I am not sure why, but it seems early this year....maybe because I have so many American friends, and watch so much American television it's supposed to be closer to Christmas.
Timing aside, here are a few things I am thankful for today...
1. I had injured my back/shoulder/arm. The pain was intense and lasted for over a month, although my fingers are still numb, I am on the mend and am so very thankful for my health! I also have a new respect for anyone living with chronic pain, honestly I NEVER had a clue how hard living with pain is!
2. I am so very thankful for my family. I have a husband who works so hard to support us all and loves his children as much as I do! I have a son who at seventeen is growing into an amazing man, he is honest, kind and hardworking and a great friend! I see my very best in him. I have a fourteen year old daughter who feels every emotion times ten! She brings me so much joy! She is so like her father, competitive and confident so it is interesting to watch! I have a step-family, parents and inlaws who are so important in my life.
3. I am thankful for friends. This is new territory for me, I was brought up by a mom who didn't want anyone "knowing her business" so finding, keeping, confiding in, loving my friends is very hard, but amazing!
4. I am thankful for my sparkfriends. Who knew an online friend could come to mean so much and that you could truly cheer for another human without any reservations, this is one place where I don't need to compare me....
5. I am thankful for my job. I have been so fortunate to get to be a mom first but also earn enough for a few special extras for my family! I love what I do. Helping people get their financial records in order really is what I am good at!
6. I am thankful to have been born in a country where women are equal, and the streets are safe!
I am a lucky woman!