Sunday, October 07, 2012
My best friend from grade school and I have a tradition of having a movire marathon at my place on the weekend. It gives us a chance to unwind from a hard week and be able to catch up. We eat junk food, drink a little, joke and giggle, and stay up half Friday night watching movies. We then sleep in Saturday, start to get moving around 1 or 2 pm and then usually do it again that night. Its a great way for us to be able to unwind but its also a great way to be able to undo a whole weeks worth of hard work in the gym and careful meal planning. Since the movie marathons were only once every few months, I thought there wasn't a problem with splurging once in a while but lately they are becoming a weekly occurance. To counteract this problem we came up with our Fab Five Halloween Challenge. It mixes goals to be worked on while we are apart during the week and goals for how we are going to change our relaxing weekends together. We are going to:
1) Eat wholesome food and save money by not eating at fast food resturants.
2) Focus on drinking plenty of water. Limit juice to no more than 3 cups a day. Pop isn't worth it, so don't drink it.
3) No more than 2 alcoholic drinks a week.
4) At least 2 hours of exercise while we are together on the weekend
5) Sunday morning weigh ins. They will include:
Hopefully, we will be able to counteract some of the damage we have been doing and actually use the weekends to help us on our weightloss goals.