Saturday, October 06, 2012
Forgive me Spark Friends, it has been 6 weeks since my last blog.
I was doing pretty well on my own and didn't feel the need to check in that often (oh, and any spare blogging time was taken up with my new boyfriend :-) ) However for the last few weeks I've been exhausted physically and mentally and so exercise and eating has slipped little by little into poorer habits. Nothing drastic, but the kind of 'it won't hurt just this once' that was happening a bit too often. With a holiday in sight, I finally gave myself a break and just stopped trying to push and stopped worrying. I really didn't like how my body felt but I had no option.
And now? I've just spent the last 5 days in Copenhagen having a mini break on my own, and tomorrow I've off to Devon for the week with P. 3 1/2 days into Copenhagen I finally felt myself come out of a fog and feel like myself again. To say I needed a holiday was an understatement! Now I'm still in holiday mode (though eating clean for the weekend to make my body feel less bloated and overloaded from all the pastries!) and can't wait to go away again tomorrow. I've spent an awful lot of time with P over the past 3 months but it still doesn't feel like enough, so a whole week away will be blissful.
And then? Then after my holiday I have a plan which includes re-finding my motivation, reconnecting with some accountability and re-forming a plan. The bare bones of this plan include (but are not limited to):
- going back to running on the treadmill, but less often and with no goal to move it outside (I didn't mention that I tested running outside and then had to give up running altogether. No prizes for guessing why my motivation died then!),
- doing a body pump class once a week so someone can push me in ST
- 1 week off sweet stuff after my holiday, followed by 1 week of only two sweet treats (I feel so much better when I don't have sugar cravings, even when I combat them with healthy sweet stuff)
- using body fat percentage as a measurement. It'll be a crude measurement but it's the one where I have the most motivation.
- blogging on a set regular basis. Every other day may be doable.
- I don't think I need to go back to tracking food but will see how the measurements go.
Once again a short blog turned into a long one but I wanted to blog today, before going away again, to put my plans out there and hold me accountable when I get back. It may be that the shape of the plan changes over the course of the week, but the basis is there.
Until next week my Spark Friends!