Friday, October 05, 2012
I am finally feeling better... tomorrow will tell if I have finally gotten rid of this cold. I am eager to get back into things!
My goals for October are as follows:
- I will aim for 1800 exercise minutes this month. Ideally 60 minutes each day, but can catch up on weekends.
- I will walk my kids to school most days / most times of the day - both for my health & theirs.
- Realistically I need some rest days. BUT 1 rest day CANNOT lead to a rest week!!
- get back into my daily pushup & crunches (25 each). Working towards being able to do full pushups!
- I will get back into strength training regularly (3 x a week?). Will work out a routine that works all major muscles. Maybe I will start counting this in my exercise minutes to help motivate me to make time for it.
- I will start regularly trying some yoga (or pilates) to help with core & flexibility.
- I will NOT use the weather as an excuse. I will exercise outside when I can, but I have my exercise videos & bike inside when I need.
- I will try running regularly, even as the weather gets colder. I will invest in some proper clothes if needed.
- I will cook / bake healthy foods for the family. I will try to do more things from scratch to cut costs and to know what goes into our meals. And try new things.
- I will also try to work at de-cluttering & organizing the house - an ongoing goal or should a say challenge!!
What are everyone else's goals this month? How is everyone else doing this fall?