How Do You Like Them Apples? (my super easy, healthy autumn/fall recipe)
Friday, October 05, 2012
First off I would like to say that I am feeling a bit happier today, it seems to be evenings when it gets me.
I was thinking about creative ways to get my 7 freggies a day for my challenge and I came up with this idea.
I love apple crumble or apple pie, my favourite part of it is the taste of the soft, warm apples.
So I thought, why not bake some apples without the added calories?
Here is my recipe:
1) pre-heat the oven to around 180c (356f or 4)
2) get some apples, any you like, I usually take around 2 or 3, peel them and cut them into 1/4
3) place them in any dish you like, but I like a clear pyrex one so I can watch them bake
4) to make it autumnal or fall like, add a sprinkling of cinnamon (again, this is to your preference) and then move them around until they are coated evenly
5) cover with foil and place in the oven for around 30-40 minutes (again, this is up to you and how soft you like your apples to be, I like them quite soft)
6) remove from oven, serve and enjoy!
Hope you all enjoy this. I know it's very simple and you probably already do it but hey!