October Goals: Building A Better Relationship With Food
Wednesday, October 03, 2012
Time to look back at the goals set in September. In an attempt to kick start some more progresss I decided last month to start monthly goals and blog about them. I set them at the beginning of the month and reevaluate at the end. Hopefully this will keep me more accountable and really, just give me some focus and motivation. I will set a weight goal for the month as well as three other goals.
I did not meet my weight goal of 160 but I went down, from 166.2 to 165.4. At least I am heading in the right direction. I had a few binge episodes, either after emotional days or days where I was tired. This is something that has hindered my weightloss journey and that I will need to continue to work on. I have also been dealing with medication issues so now that I hopefully got that under control things will fall into place.
Here is a reflection on by September goals:
1. GET AT LEAST 7 HOURS OF SLEEP: I did really well with this one and I think it helped. The days that I was really tired I tended to overeat.
2. TRY SPACING MY MEALS BETTER: I am getting better with this one but definitely still need to work on this. I think I will keep this a major focus because when I get home from work on days I do not do well with this, I tend to overeat.
3. TRY TO SLOW MY EATING: Still not there with this one, but trying...
Current Weight: 165.4
Goal Weight: 160.0 (lets try this again)
1. TRY SPACING MEALS: I think this is a key to helping with the night time eating (and binging) and it still needs some work.
2. DRINK 8 CUPS OF WATER A DAY, MINIMUM: I used to be really good at this but have fallen off the wagon. It may help me space my meals and help me feel less dperived of food. I may be dehydrated.
3. DO NOT EAT AT MY DESK OR IN FRONT OF THE COMPUTER OR ON THE SOFA: I know its a bad habit, enough said.
Well, I think I am heading in the right direction but there is still work to be done. Hopefully these goals, and writing them down, will give me the kick start I need!