October 2012 Goals
Wednesday, October 03, 2012
New Month, New Goals!
1) NEED to start walking! I've been really sick this past week, and I've honestly missed walking and jogging when I can. The weather channel says it's supposed to start snowing tonight (ugh!) and it's going to be pretty nasty from then on, so maybe it's time to look into a gym membership.
2) Plan my meals. I really liked the weekend challenge we had this past weekend....it had a challenge to plan your meals out. I actually found that it does make a difference...and it's so nice to be able to know what's for dinner before I have to go rummaging through the freezer last minute...such a great feeling! And yesterday I purchased a pork tenderloin because it was on sale and it's on the menu for later this week. yay!
3) DRINK WATER! I've gotten lazy about this this past week, especially with being sick with a cold. It's easier to have something like a soda clean my palette when I can't really taste anything then a glass of water and the constant cough drops. Now, granted, I have still been drinking water, but not as much as I should have been. I found my water bottle yesterday (it was MIA) and I had four servings in nothing flat!
4) Find Motivation. I'm having a little bit of a roadblock..at least I was before I got sick. I just keep seeing all these people losing so much weight every week, and I keep thinking there's no way that I'll ever lose that much in one week. It's a little depressing....I'm feeling like maybe I'm in the wrong challenge to start. Maybe I should have started with something that's not so challenging. But then I think, any other challenge wouldn't have a great support group involved, and if I hadn't done this challenge I wouldn't have met such great ladies. Deep down, I know that it shouldn't matter about the other people that lose so much each week...that I need to do what's best for me, which is a few pounds a week. My competitive side still doesn't like it much...lol
5) Find some nice clothes. I may have an interview for a new job later this month, but I know that everything I have in my closet is stretched out and looks terrible on me. I need to go shopping, but I still don't feel good doing it. I need to get started on this...wish me luck!
6) Find some "me" time. I still am putting everyone before me. Even this past week while I've been sick, I was cleaning bathrooms and disinfecting sinks to make sure that everyone else didn't catch this. Don't know how much good it did, but at least I tried. I did get a lot of extra sleep this week, though, which was really nice (even if it was for a terrible reason, lol)