I, 67 year-old Diane, have never really set goals before! Can you believe it? I've always just kind of let it all happen. I do believe that is why I am now so ....... FAT! Don't quite know how to say it any other way. But I have lost 14 pounds since July of this year (due to being on SP) and I'm not going to blow it, so I have started making small goals at first, and now I'm ready for My Monthly Goals!!!!! So here it goes..........
My goals for October:
1. Plan - This month, I resolve to plan my food first thing in the morning on my nutrition tracking page. During my travel it won't be possible on a couple of days, but being so conscious of what I'm eating the rest of the time should keep me aware of what is going in! Planning my lifestyle changes is not an easy job, but an necessary one. Setting goals, planning my food, and scheduling my fitness workouts really helps keep me on track.
I'm using the October calendar to plan my fitness this month. I'm going to be taking care of my 2 year-old GD for 10 days starting the 15th, so that will help! We are going to have fun, and if anyone thinks I'll be able to sit and relax, you don't know my wild and wooly little one. If she wasn't so durned cute......!!!!
2. Scale - I weigh every morning, but don't track more than a couple times a month. I like to keep track of how I'm doing and not letting it sneak up on me. It doesn't get me down anymore if I get stuck or my weight fluctuates a lb or so, because I have read and internalized all the wonderful SP articles on taking it slow, and having patience. But I still like to see the scale move downward!!!
3. Triggers - I have determined that watching TV too much, or overdoing the fitness and getting exhausted can both send me into a minor tailspin! Too much sitting, and/or not pacing myself are triggers that send me to the pantry! So I'm making sure I'm moving during the day and that my exercise is reasonable and consistent!
4. Scheduling a SMALL treat every day really helps keep me on track and I never feel deprived. My go-to treat is Frozen Yogurt with fresh berries. 1/2 cup of FroYo and no more!!! It has become enough! Isn't that cool! Yes, it is!!!
5. Go on SP every day - to do that I have to get more familiar with using my iphone to get online when I'm gone.
6. Motivation - Develop some motivating habits that will keep me going....
Get dressed in gym clothes when I get up
Schedule my workouts
Give myself weekly rewards
Track and input team goals!
Okay, this setting goals isn't too bad! Now let's meet them this month! My 5% challenge should help me stay motivated. I'm really looking forward to it! Go DETERMINED DAISIES!!!