Monday, October 01, 2012
The first two weeks using the SP tools have been so inspiring -- 6 pounds gone -- now I'm just hoping to keep up a certain amount of momentum through the next two weeks!
Today I went for a morning hike -- that's three days in a row! My goal with hiking (my main cardio venue) has always been to hike at least every other day. So if I hike one day, then I'm "allowed" to take the following day off from hiking. I find it kind of helpful actually, so that when it's a tough hiking day (trying to get back to the hiking shape I was in a year and a half ago has been a little rough) -- I promise that if I want to, I can take the following day off. Although I find that oftentimes when I get up -- I'm ready to go for another hike! Although tomorrow I might give my knee a break and work on something else for exercise.
Goals for this week.
1. Eat at least three fruits/veggie servings per day. Originally I thought I'd do one per meal, but I think I can stick with it easier if it is just 'for the whole day' goal.
2. Exercise -- still mainly working on cardio, although I need to start getting strength training up and going -- having a tough time getting motivated for str training. But the cardio goal is the same as before at least 3-4 times per week.
3. Track EVERYTHING. Even on days when I've gone a little crazy with eating -- it's actually helpful to do that, even if I know I've eaten more than I should have or made not so great choices. At least it's out there, and I'm being honest with myself.
4. My one week weight goals is at least one pound -- that will put me under 160 -- woohoo!.
5. Continue with the daily blogs -- it's been quite helpful to keep me on track and express my goals/victories/challenges via this blog.
This week might be a bit of a challenge because I'm flying to NM for two days to find a place to live -- and there are so many YUM restaurants there. So here's to front-loading on the exercise this week and keeping on track with the calorie goals. Hopefully if I do this, those two days won't send me too far off track!
Thanks for reading!
14 more days to go!