My 10 things blog
Sunday, September 30, 2012
I was inspired by a couple of friends who wrote "10 things" blogs, so here goes.
1. This was completely unexpected. I had a routine follow up visit with my oncologist this week. It has been 10 years now since my surgery, and she says I don't have to be followed anymore, so she's referring back to my regular gynecologist.
2. I'm down a couple of pounds this week. I had almost given up, since nothing seemed to budge the scale (except on the up side). It probably has to do with getting more sleep. I'm making that a priority right now.
3. I've been riding my bike to work for almost a year and a half. I'm really proud of what I've done, and what I continue to do, with or without weight loss.
4. I've been following Jeff Galloway's Conditioning Program and Half Marathon training program since May, with a few breaks. I'm poised to complete Week 4 of the HM program today, as soon as I finish writing this blog.
5. Next weekend, I'll be riding in my first Century.
6. My 19th anniversary is coming up the following week.
7. My daughter is settling in well at college and making good decisions. My son's school year is also going well.
8. My body is handling all the exercise very well. I have no aches or pains to speak of in my feet, my sacroiliac joints, or anywhere else. Even my shoulders seem to be less achy/tight than usual.
9. I made some amazing progress on the Italian side of my genealogy this week. I started out with just the names of my grandparents and a couple of my great grandparents. Now I have the names of all my second great grandparents, and even a couple of my third great grandparents. I'm thrilled, and it makes one of my aunts very happy too.
10. My dog Babe is fully recovered from her surgery. My cat has recovered from the fight he got in a couple of months ago. He just needs to grow a little bit more fur back.
11. I have great Sparkfriends who support me, encourage me, and inspire me, both on this site, and on Facebook. I love you all!