Sunday, September 30, 2012
MONDAY CHALLENGE POST
10 political things I'm grateful for:
1. I live in a country that won't put me to death for being who I am
2. I live in a country where I am allowed to protest and do other political work for the causes I believe in
3. I can vote, even though the electoral college tends to negate my vote in Georgia
4. We have free schools and libraries and the glimmer of the promise of healthcare for all.
5. We take care of our senior citizens, who have taken care of us.
6. We have a Supreme Court that is supposed to protect the rights of minorities (thank you Supremes . . . now do your stuff)
7. We don't have any rigid class or caste systems, so there are social and economic opportunities available to everybody
8. Our government is separate from our organized religious institutions, so everyone has equal rights regardless of what they believe.
9. We don't live under a dictatorship, so when we don't like our representatives, we vote the bozos out.
10. I live in a country where there is Hope, and I am Fired UP!
SUNDAY CHALLENGE POST:
10 non-human things I'm grateful are in the world:
chocolate (ok, I snuck that one in!) ;)