This blog is for my 5% Challenge Countdown Assignments. These 5% Challenges are by invitation only... and the teams are limited, so I feel lucky to be a part of it... It's time I actually make good and LOSE my 5% this time.
These are the Countdown Assignments:
1) Have you got your gym clothes, runners, water bottle, etc. ready to go? got what I have.
What is your exercise plan? to do something 5 days per week: SP 28 Day Bootcamp DVD... with a sprinkling of walking and samba reggae.
Do you know what diet you will follow? low carb again. It's been a while, but I always did well and felt wonderful with this plan. I'll be eating lots of fresh veggies, low carb fruits like berries and melons, lean meats like chicken breast, no skin, and drinking lots of water. I will totally be avoiding the "white" food group.
Found some recipes? have cookbooks and the internet. :)
Have you stocked up on the foods? I'll be grocery shopping next week.
Do you know how to connect with your team mates? yep
Did you put your Fall 5% Challenge Commitment on your page? I did.
2) Update the Sparkpage. I do that often... but it's time for a Halloween Re-do.
3) The Reasons:
What do you want to change? my fat person mentality... the way I look at food, exercise and myself.
How do you want to look? Duh. Thinner, healthier, ... good. :)
How do you want to feel? I want to feel good and confident about being in my own skin. no more embarrassment, no more low self-esteem, no more hiding.
What things will you be able to do in the future with a slimmer healthier body? Go up the stairs to my office without getting winded. Shop in regular sizes ... anywhere and totally ROCK anything I want to wear. Concentrate on tasks at hand instead of worrying what people might be thinking of me. Run into old friends and classmates and say hello instead of running the other way. Finally attend a class reunion. And everything I put in this poster I made years ago....
And list all the OTHER things that you want to change! I want to read more, dance more, be involved with more things, and spend less time worrying about the way I look and what other people think and spend more time living and loving life!
4) List ALL your trigger foods. Mostly sweets, but also Mexican food. I can just eat salsa and tortillas all day. Throw in guacamole and I'm in heaven. :)
What are the sources of the Triggers Foods? Usually stuff I have here at home. I have a family and can't eliminate some of their favorite foods just because I can't seem to control myself. Also... a local Mexican food restaurant... when my co-worker is wanting something from there, I have a very very very hard time not getting myself some guacamole and chips.
Describe the most common situations where you reach for the trigger foods or snacks. What room are you in? The living room. What time is it? Normally right after work. What are you doing? Relaxing and watching tv. Who is with you? I am usually alone because the kids are busy with homework. How do you feel? Tired, deserving of a treat and some chill time. Are you eating to feel better? Yes. Are you bored? Sometimes. By getting the food how does it make what you are doing better? Double the enjoyment :) a great show and great food. What should you be doing at that time? Chilling without food.
Do you see a pattern? Definitely. What types of foods are you reaching for? Usually leftovers from suppers and if there are none, then anything that's FAST. Does convenient access make a difference? Tremendously. How can you better handle the situations to avoid the triggers and not binge or eat more than you should. Willpower. I'm not hungry, really, most of the time, and if I am I should grab a fruit. and JUST THE ONE. Often my eating after work turns into a binge. :/
How will you not do that again? Perhaps not watch tv, I could read instead or maybe go for a walk... naaa.... for me that's not realistic. I should plan for my after work time.
Write out your strategy to avoid the Triggers. I will drink more water and have a small snack ready specifically for this time... and NOT leftovers. With the cold weather coming, I could drink my coffee. I love coffee when the weather is cool. More importantly, I will stay focused on my goals... even the little ones like not pigging out after work in front of the tv. Yes.... that's one of my daily goals. :)
5) Knowing my numbers: I will fill this in on day one of the challenge.
October 6, 2012 Day 1 Current weight: 246
Target weight for this challenge: 233
By when? December 1, 2012
Calories per day: it says 1250 to 1600 when I enter my number in goals & progress, but I plan on shooting for more around 1000 to 1300
Calories to burn per day: about 200
6) Is there something you eat often that you have learned to cut the calories on? What works best for you? Do you have something you can share? I do the basics that most know of already.... removing skin from chicken, choosing lower fat and caloried salad dressings, eliminating sugared drinks (no sense drinking calories!) increasing WATER, cutting portion sizes on higher calorie foods, and increasing portion sizes on low calorie foods like fresh veggies. Using cooking sprays instead of butter when sauteeing or cooking. I find planning and measuring to be highly effective.
7) Clean out and tidy the frige, cabinets, and pantry. Assess the diet plan, make menus, make a grocery list, shop... Get the food in order. I will be working on doing all this this week.
8) List YOUR reasons/excuses on why YOUR diets and exercise plans have not been well executed in the past. I have problems with focus, portion control, laziness, giving in to temptation, negative self-talk, boredom, emotional eating, and time.
Write a strategy that will keep you on track....
focus: daily reminders and post-it notes everwhere I feel I need to be reminded.
portion control: measuring, planning and willpower.
laziness: stop it. yeah I wish it were that easy. I'd much rather watch tv or read than exercise.... but I have to be in contol, so ... stop it. I have to use my strength to get over the laziness....
giving in to temptation: will power to say no. I have it in me, and as long as I'm focused this one is fairly easy...
negative self-talk: stop myself in mid criticism and replace with positive self-talk....
boredom: learn to live with it and handle it. Find something to occupy myself, but remember there will be times of boredom... and that it is not a open invitation for eating...
emotional eating: write instead. don't take it out on food or myself, take it out on paper. Write when I feel like eating and I KNOW I'm not hungry....
and time: we all find time to do things we really want to do.... I can do this, too.
9) Track Your Progress with a Measuring Tape - will do and I'll post them on my measurements tracker.
10) Are you prepared to reach your goals? (Quiz) My result: You're well on your way to reaching your goals! But you could help yourself get there more easily by implementing a few changes, like enlisting a diverse support group, tracking your progress, and rewarding yourself along the way.
I scored not so great because of choices I made in the past, and I don't have everything all planned out just yet... namely my number, but I'll get those on day 1 of this challenge.
11) Join your Challenge Team and participate: Introduce Yourself, welcome others, read blogs and discussion comments and post a comment... Done!
12) Meet and greet members of your Challenge team... new members! ... Done!
Ok, well those are it... and I'm ready to get ready :) I still have the food to get in order: menu and grocery list making and the shopping... and I still have my initial weigh ins and goals to set from that. Participation will be daily. I am a Casual Traveler again for this challenge... and I am looking forward to reaching my goals!