Saturday, September 29, 2012
24. When did you incorporate fitness goals into your healthy lifestyle? (Before starting to lose weight, during weight loss, after goal weight, etc.)
25. Is there any form of fitness/exercise that you tried and gave up? Is there any form of fitness/exercise that you would like to try?
26. Do you like to exercise alone, with a partner, in a small group, or in a large group? Why?
27. Have you ever hired anyone to help you with your journey? A personal trainer. A dietician/nutritionist? A wellness coach? A life coach? What worked and didn't work?
28. What do you do for wellness? For example, to increase emotional, spiritual, or intellectual well-being?
29. There is so much MORE to you than your wellness journey. Please share 10 facts about yourself that aren't related to your weight loss journey, how you eat, or how you exercise.
30. What are you most proud of about your journey towards healthy living during the month of September?
24. I had a history of being the perfect dieter and always doing exercise. Then when I regained the weight, I would stop exercising. This question made me realize what an impact being overweight has had on my entire life. I did not care of myself when I was overweight.
In my current situation I began to lose weight 2 years ago and also began to exercise when I started. Exercise has now become a valued part of my life.
25.I could not keep up with a Zumba DVD. LOL. I want to try the rowing machine and yoga.
26. I like to exercise alone ..either walking or working out at the gym. I would rather not talk while doing the elliptical. I do know people at my gym and feel comfortable there. My husband and I go to the gym together on weekends. I do occassionally walk with friends.
27. Having a trainer worked for me. I joined a 6 week Pre-Diabetes bootcamp. It involved attending classes, but also exercising and weighing in everyday. My trainer was very encouraging and facing the scale each morning was very motivating. After the class, I continued to exercise and weigh in with the trainer until I reached goal. I might comment that no on else from the class goes to they gym anymore.
28. I believe wellness for me is exercising and eating low carb. Emotionally and spiritually I have my family, friends and spark people. I am challenged intellectually at work and by trying to read my college students Facebook posts. I am also a reader.
1. I was born and raised in Hawaii and am part Hawaiian.
2. I have been married 40 years to a farmer/jazz musician/artist.
3.I have 4 college children in college.
4.I have lots of Persian and Himalayan kitties.
5.I love working with kids and teaching them how to speak English.
6.I love to read.
7.I enjoy cooking and gardening in my free time.
8. I love my rose plants.
9.I have traveled to Europe and South America and Tahiti.
10. I would love to go to Brazil and see the Mardi Gras.
30. The month of September is an important month for me. It is my 11 month of maintenance. When I hit October, I will have maintained for one year. I have not maintained this long for many years. I feel positive and in control. I am not going back to being a fat girl.
My only issue now is I think I need to increase the intensity of my workouts.