What inspires you to live healthy?
Friday, September 28, 2012
What inspires you to live healthy? That is a good question.
Simply put...I want to be healthy because I am happy. At 43, my life is in a good place. I am in a happy and supportive relationship. I have a good job. My children are fully-grown and are living their own lives. I feel like it is my time....and from this comes my inspiration.
10 Inspiring Quotes for Healthy Living
1. To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear. Buddha
2. Life is not merely being alive, but being well. Marcus Valerius Martialis
3. Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness. Edward Smith-Stanley
4. A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. Paul Dudley White
5. The body is like a piano, and happiness is like music. It is needful to have the instrument in good order. Henry Ward Beecher
6. The groundwork of all happiness is health. James Leigh Hunt
7. Without health, life is not life; it is only a state of languor and suffering. Francois Rabelais
8. A healthy body is a guest-chamber for the soul; a sick body is a prison. Francis Bacon
9. You pray for good health and a body that will be strong in old age. Good... but your rich foods block the gods' answer and tie Jupiter's hands. Persius
10. Health and intellect are the two blessings of life. Menander