Friday, September 28, 2012
I borrowed this survey from Proudlilmom and Babeinwaiting and think it's a great way to share our weight loss journey.
1. What was your highest weight, what do you weigh right now and what is your goal weight?
Highest weight: 323
Current weight 217
Goal weight: 155
2. What is your #1 motivation for losing weight? At first it was my health. I was borderline diabetic and had some cholesterol problems.
3. Have you always been overweight? Not always but most of my adult life. I was 145 in high school. Which was bigger than others but not fat.
4. When you want to give up what inspires you to keep going? The results on the scale. Also, how I feel and look. I can walk stairs without getting winded. I can fit into most chairs since I am smaller.
5. What is the #1 thing you look forward to when you hit your goal weight?
I think I look forward to maintance. I will be happy to try to maintain and not try to lose each week.
6. Do you have support on your weight loss journey? I have spark and friends. My family is helpful but they do still eat junk food.
7. What is your favorite exercise?
Running is my favorite. I like that I can run even if I am not that fast.
8. What is the most important thing you have learned on your weight loss journey? I am not perfect and this is going to take some hard work. If I slip I need to get right back to it.
9. What is one thing you have given up that you miss the most?
McDonalds breakfast foods….bacon. YUMM
10. What is your strategy for losing weight?
I count calories. I also try to get in good amounts of protein, vegetables, fiber and low salt and lower fat. I also try to just have the healthy fats like olive oil and avocado.