Okay, I have started writing a new blog entry a few days ago, but stopped because I had to walk my dog. When I came back, I was... too lazy to continue writing. I just left the window open so I could finish it later. And since I am the world champion in lazyness and finding excuses, it took me till last night to sat down to continue writing. And guess what? My computer crashed and everything was gone. UGH...I hate technology.
Anyways, I know the months is not over, but I thought it might be a good time to look back and see if I have accomplished my goals I set for September:
1. ONEderland: I haven't weighed in this month, but I am pretty sure I haven't reached that goal. I seem to have a huge problem to meet my calorie range. Most days I am staying under, so I am thinking about drinking juices to add more calories to my tracker.
2. Exercise- at least 3times a week: I did pretty good with that one: Whenever the weather was good or ok (no heavy rain) I was outside running.
3. Drinking 3liters water every day: Ugh.. drinking that much is way too hard, but the other day I read an article that adding like two table juice of fresh lemon juice boosts your metabolism and since I like to try out different things. I might drink my normal amount of water, but add some lemon juice.
4. Eating vegetables and fruits every day: I ate veggies or fruits every day. Not as much as I should, but I ate at least an apple a day.
5. Reducing sugar: i never thought how hard that could be. It seemed like that in the moment I decided to reduce sugar my evil Inner Me kept telling me to eat something with a high amount of sugar. I didn't really binge, but I noticed that it really is a challenge to reduce sugar.
To sum it up, I didn't do that great. Sometimes I feel like I am not able to achieve any goals even if I try so hard. I have been trying to loose weight before and at first I succeeded, but then I gave up. It has been since last December that I am out of work and although I keep applying for jobs, there is no job in sight. It is frustrating. The same is with exercising. I go running at least three times a week (if the weather allows it and it isn't pouring), but it doesn't seem like I am improving. I just can't push myself that hard I guess. When my legs start aching or I am getting out or breathe I quit and walk back home instead of taking a break or walking for a few minutes and start running again. How do you push yourself when you work out?
Anyways my goal for October is to not set any specific goals. I will just work on improving my daily routines (nutrition and exercise) and be happy about every improvement and success.
I still need to get used to fall. I don't like when the days are getting shorter. It makes it so hard to get up early and its hard to get a good workout in when it gets dark earlier. Unfortunately, the trails I run on don't have any lights at all and it would suck to hold a flashlight while running. If my financial situation was better, I'd definitely consider a gym membership, but for now I just can't afford it. I will have to give workout videos another chance. I tried a few before, but I get bored easily and I always feel like my apartment is too small to do some of them. Maybe I will just move some furniture to get more space.