60,000-79,999 SparkPoints 64,265

The surgey went well

Thursday, September 27, 2012


Haha, nothing bad. I got 4 wisdom teeth removed yesterday.

But let's start with my week! I've been doing very well, once again, even though I had a cold. I went to the gym Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday mornings...!!! Monday was my Transform appointment with my coach. I also had a bioimpedance test (to measure my % of fat, muscles, etc.) and I'll post the results soon. There wasn't a LOT of change since my last one in April but I'm planning on being a whole new person next December!!!

My boyfriend had a cold last week and he gave it to me :( it started with a sore throat Thursday afternoon, then my nose started running in the weekend. Monday was the worst day, and Tuesday it came back to my throat 10 times worse XD I was really annoyed because I was having my surgery yesterday and I was afraid of what the consequences would be if I had a sore/swollen throat and a running nose.

I still managed to go to the gym every morning like I said. My only "step back" was going to the Flash Café with friends Saturday night. We were waiting for my boyfriend to join us so we had drinks and I ordered a moka coffee, and I didn't know they added so much whipped cream on top of it, LOL. Then I had a few fried onion rings, but my boyfriend ate most of the plate because I let him :P

Tuesday morning I only did my cardio at the gym and then came back home because I didn't feel too good because of my cold. And yesterday morning I was supposed to go but I had trouble breathing because of my swollen throat. UGH. But other than that, I've been doing fine.

I left work yesterday at noon. I had to completely stop drinking and eating at 8 in the morning because I was getting a general sedation (instead of local anesthesia) since I was getting 4 teeth removed and didn't want to be very conscious while they would be butchering my mouth :P so I couldn't eat anything after breakfast and I couldn't even have a glass of water!!! It wasn't too bad, though. I was nervous, but it went very well. Sedation is WEIRD. XD The whole procedure took 2 hours and I feel like I've been there half an hour. Then I had to stay in an extra hour to make sure I was okay. Then it started hurting pretty bad. My boyfriend was there with me, we drove to the drugstore and bought my medication, then to the grocery store to buy liquid/soft food because I can't eat anything solid for a few days. I got soy pudding, soup that I'll blend in the blender and soy ice cream. Back at home I couldn't stop crying because of the stress and the pain. I took my medication when my mouth stopped bleeding, had a smoothie for dessert and a small bowl of ice cream, then I feel asleep at 8.

I slept through to 5:30 this morning..!!! I thought I'd be constantly waking up because of the pain, but nope. My face isn't very swollen like my sister's was when she had her own surgery a month ago. I took more medication, did a little cleaning and went back to bed for 2 more hours.

This morning I had another delicious smoothie with chocolate soy milk, half a banana, strawberries and peanut butter. God it was so good XD My face is very dull and so is the pain as long as I take the medication every 4 hours. I don't have any bruises on my face yet and I'm hoping to not have any :P

So I have two days off of work. I have some stuff to do like the dishes and laundry, but I don't want to do too much. It's gorgeous outside so I'll take a long walk at some point. A friend of mine is coming here this afternoon to watch movies. My post-surgery life isn't as bad as I thought it'd be, LOL. I think I'll be able to exercise again this weekend.
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • DS9KIE
    glad your doing well
    1958 days ago
  • YICHE12
    I'm glad that all is well....

    It reminded me of when I had mine removed -- I was about 42 y.o.! Goodness, my face was swollen and the colour compared with a vivid rainbow (went from green to mauve). For me, it was not an experience that I would like to go through again. Thank goodness, wisdom teeth do not grow again!!!
    1968 days ago
    Ack, wisdom teeth!!

    I'm happy that you're otherwise doing well. I had a cold during my first week of P90X and I had to skip a couple days because the cold had gotten into my lungs and it was nasty :(
    1972 days ago
    Allô, Joannie, Bonne chance pour tes dents. Moi, j'ai fait enlever 2 de mes dents de sagesse, 1 à la fois, au lieu de les faire réparer. La première fois (en haut), c'est allé comme un charme; la 2e fois (en bas), ça ne guérissait pas bien et j'ai dû prendre des antibiotiques après 2 semaines pour que ça guérisse finalement. Alors, tu as toute ma sympathie. Passe une belle fin de semaine!

    1972 days ago
    Good to see all is good! do not over do. take good care of yourself! Enjoy your friends visit.

    Glad you are fine.
    1973 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.