Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.
BESSHAILE
80,000-99,999 SparkPoints 83,279
SparkPoints
 

8 Weeks Till Thanksgiving

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

emoticon It's hard to believe it - safe here in the waning days of September - but it's true nonetheless. In fact, I always think of Labor Day as the beginning of the holiday season because between then and Thanksgiving there are a lot of other festive dining opportunities. In September there is always the Library Director's meeting in Richmond (just over - only had to deal with 2 large pieces of cake!!) and my birthday, which tends to include several celebratory lunches out with BFFs.

October is a special anniversary for Himself and me. (yes that is the correct form ... "me" is the objective case and receives the action of the preposition ... You wouldn't say, "an anniversary for I" now, would you? from the grammar police) October also means another state-wide library meeting at the end of the month and a sister's birthday.

November nearly always has an autumn vacation in it - frequently a trip to NYC to visit beloved friends, one of whom has taken the Culinary Institute of America course and always showers us with glamour food. Then of course - there is Thanksgiving Day itself. And we all know what December has packed in its 4 and a half short weeks. Yeah. I'm thinking of White Chocolate Peppermint Bark ... emoticon

So.

So what can I do about it? Nothing as far as the scroll of holiday events, of course. Besides, the real question is " how can I prepare for the triumph of being in OneFortyVille on January 1, 2013?" Because that is what I really want.

I actually want it to be before then, but I don't just want to get there - I want to move in and stay. And so, back to the question ... What can I do? In 8 weeks what can I do?

The first thing that popped into my head was EXERCISE!

Perhaps that is because lately I've been giving exercise, and my beloved gym, the short end of my day - or none of it at all. Mind now, I emoticon emoticon emoticon exercise. I just feel like I have so many other demands on my time that sometimes something has to give ... and it's easy to let it be exercise. I had serious work that kept me overtime yesterday. It was so late when I was done I just did not want to go to the gym - even though my body ached to go. That old school marm left brain of mine sure does love to cling to a schedule. Ugh. emoticon

But even she knows that I'll never make it through the holidays, much less reach my goal weight in October, without it. So the most important thing I can think to do is to make a commitment to 30 minutes of exercise, 7 days a week.

Hmmm. I really like that. Right now, on a good week, I hit the gym 4 days a week and am active on the weekends. I think it's time for a little more structure. I believe that for the next 8 weeks I will commit to 30 min./7 days. And I'll track it. And it will be non-negotiable. And there will be a reward. emoticon

The other thing I need to do is recommit to my whole healthy choice program - as if I were a brand new beginner at this weight loss effort. Watching what I eat - drinking enough water - getting enough sleep. Yup. Time to start fresh and reach my goal. So I'll be back with more thoughts on this as the week rolls by.

emoticon
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • v ME_B4_INSANITY
    We acquate the holidays with food, why not family. Sign up for a Thanksgiving 5K, for christmas plan it as a bowling outing. I'm not talking dropping tradition, I'm saying how about including some new ones.
    you have done great to get here, so all you need is moderation. Walking into it thinking your not gonna succeed so why expect yourself too, why not. having three bad meals in four months doens't mean you can't meet your goal.
    If you make good choices 80% of the time, the other 20% won't kill you.
    Just remember to not throw away the baby with the bathwater, you have three months to hit the OneFortyVille club, I bet you can do it, I double dog dare you.
    1428 days ago
  • v SHEILA1505
    Yes yes yes to the correct grammar!! :))
    Exercise and water, together with awareness and caution, will get you through whichever brain you heed!
    Hugs
    1428 days ago
  • v MSLZZY
    Starting with a fresh attitude may just be the ticket
    for you. Write your own success story by living it.
    HUGS!
    1428 days ago
  • v BIGDOG18
    emoticon
    1428 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment


    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.
 

More Blogs by BESSHAILE