Tuesday, September 25, 2012
I've been plateaued for a couple of weeks and after mulling it over for a few days, I've decided to really get focused on dropping the next 5-6 pounds. Hopefully, this will reignite my motivation and re-energize my efforts to get to goal.
Here are the things I need to fix.
1. I've fallen away from my morning smoothies because berries are no longer in season and are getting expensive. I need to find a way to pack my morning with fruits and/or vegetables so I can get my 5 a day in.
2. I'm not pushing hard enough when I exercise. Typically, I lift then do 30 minutes of cardio on machines. But last week, I took a bootcamp class and it was WORK. I am planning to go to the bootcamp class 2x a week to jumpstart my fitness.
3. Too many diet cokes. I'm hopelessly addicted to them. I'm sure they're not helping me, but I've got to figure out a way to kick this decades old addiction. I was doing well for a while, but now I'm back to drinking three or more cans a day.
4. Slack record keeping. I'm not weighing or measuring my food anymore, so I need to return to measuring stuff for awhile to retrain my eyes.
5. The corollary to #3 is I'm not drinking enough water. I need to substitute water for pop.
6. Menu planning. I can be so freakin' disorganized, I'm sure I'm slightly ADHD. The biggest sins are going to the store without a list, and not being strategic with my menu planning. For example, if I plan to bake chicken one night, then I should prepare chicken salad with the leftovers so nothing goes bad. I also need to just freeze stuff if I know I'm going to grow tired of eating the same thing all week.
7. Not sticking to my 10:30 pm weeknight bedtime. I'm worse than an 8 year old. I'd stay up until 1 am or 2 am if I could. If I know I have to get up at 6:30 am, I need to go to bed at 10:30 pm. Period. This way, I won't be so tired by the end of the work day that I don't do what I'm supposed to do.
8. Too many treats. Ugh! I hate the idea of giving them up completely, but I need to get back to basics for awhile. This also includes the little Weight Watchers Smart Ones desserts and skinny cows. A few times a week is okay, but they should not be dietary staples. Besides I have no business bringing those little smart ones desserts into my house. I don't handle them well and am quite capable of devouring 2-3 of those little monsters in one sitting.
I think if I resolve these areas, I will kickstart my progress. Time to hit the "reset" button and treat this program like it's Day 1.