Sunday, September 23, 2012
Today's assignment is to list all the reasons you want to lose weight.
1. to hear things from my husband like I heard yesterday: you are really pretty when you smile. You really have a beautiful face.
2. to be more limber so that I can play with my grandchild
3. to be healthier so that I will be able to recover from setbacks quicker (like my recent attack of poison ivy)
4. to overcome depression which comes when I give in to emotional eating
5. to enjoy the cooler weather which I hope will come soon in the fall
6. to be able to do a 5K sometime during this challenge with my husband
What do you want to change?
1. OK I need to be more active and do the things I need to do and not be sitting so much.
2. I want my home to be more organized.
3. Organized life will lead to organized eating.
How do you want to look?
2. have a brighter smile
3. have a more enjoyable outlook - for people to be able to tell that I am working on my health
How do you want to feel?
1. More energized
2. More social
3. Less depressed
What things will you be able to do in the future with a slimmer healthier body?
1. this fall, for two weeks at Thanksgiving, my husband and I are plannign to take a two week trip. I don't want it to be all sitting and reading. and watching TV, I want to be able to do some hiking, with him. It will be cooler and we can do that.
2. In early November I am going to Galveston with a friend, and there is a beach there. I want to put on my swimsuit and walk on the beach. And not worry about what people will think about me.
3. Just after Thanksgiving I will be watching my granddaughter when my daughter goes back to work. I will need the energy to take care of a 4 month old 20+ hours per week.
And list all the OTHER things that you want to change!
I just got new glasses, they make me feel so much better about myself. They make me look younger. and I love that feeling. (I am 57 now). I have even worn makeup the last three days since I got them, and I haven't done that in years. I want to feel good enough about myself to care what I look like and wear just a little bit of makeup that makes me feel good about myself.
ENERGY. MORE TIME WITH GOD, MY MIND SHARPER SO THAT I CAN MEMORIZE SCRIPTURE AND BE MORE IN TUNE WITH PRAYER FOR MY HUSBAND AND OUR RELATIONSHIP.