Sunday, September 23, 2012
This week has been a fairly good one for me. Not only have I begun to feel better finally, with my knee hardly hurting but with the bronchitis fading.
My goals for last week was to regain control in my life. I sub-divided it into three sub-goals which were as follows:
- Make sure I workout atleast 10 minutes each day.
- Make sure I do the strength training for my knee every day and 3 times during the week for the rest of my body.
- Stay within my calorie range every day this week!
I definitely did my work out each day, though I focused on walking this week because my lungs couldn't handle much more. So check to the working out 10 minutes each day!
Second Goal: I unfortunately did NOT do strength training workouts every day as I had planned on doing. Though I did keep it up at the beginning of the week things got a bit hectic towards the end and I couldn't find time.
Third: I did stay in within my calorie range for every day this week! I'm actually quite proud of this because I had just faced a calorie decrease because of my lack of hardcore exercise. I was glad I could stick with it.
Since this week was a mixture of good and bad I think for this up-and-coming week I'm going to focus on refining these goals. So they are as follows:
- Keep up the walking that I've been doing, focusing on walking atleast 20 minutes a day.
- Adding two-three cardio workouts to this next week if my lungs continue to improve.
- Stay within my retrospective protein, fat and carb guidelines as well as maintaining my calorie range steak.
Also, on a final note, I managed to finally try a brand new vegetable for me: pak choi. I'd tried it's relative buk choy, but never had pak choi before. It's a bit more ... spicy? I dont think that's the right word but best way I can think of to explain the difference. I had it in a stir fry, yum.
Good luck this up&coming week all, and sorry for the short post. Very tired today.