Sunday, September 23, 2012
Sunday...a start to a new week (or the end of an old one, depending on how you look at it). I have to say this last week I have not been too kind to my body. I've gone without lots of sleep that was desperately needed, I've put junk in my body that I knew better than putting in my mouth. Why? I know the big reason is stress, but I shouldn't use that as an excuse. I'm worth more than this and I know it. So, today, I am choosing to put myself up there (at around the top) on my list of things to take care of.
1) Drink 8 glasses of water. Not a hard thing to do when you consider a glass is considered 8 oz...I drink out of a 16 oz water bottle at home, so 4 glasses is nothing. I can do this!
2) Try to do something active every day this week. No sitting on the couch and playing computer games or watching tv. I'm not going to lose weight being a couch potato.
3) Eat 2-3 freggies daily. I went to the farmer's market yesterday and got a whole grocery bag full of fruits and veggies. Today, after I sleep for a while, I'm going to be cutting up the veggies for the week and try my hand at a vegetable broth. =)
side note: I did go out to dinner tonight and had parmesan crusted tilapia. But I made sure they put a big portion of broccoli on my plate, and surprisingly, it tasted soo good! I'm proud of myself on that one. =)
4) Fill out some job applications. I'm not going to get off this shift work if I don't put in some effort here. My family needs me to be in a more stable shift- time for me to get to it!
5) Work on cleaning my home. I've been working a 6-day stretch at work. I'm exhausted when I get home, and my house has taken a beating. I'm off the next 2 days, so I need to get the house cleaned up again and the filters cleaned on my heating system so I'm ready when the chilly weather gets here (which unfortunately isn't going to be too much longer).
Also, in the Pink Vikings group there was a post that asked us to state 3 positive things about myself.
1) I am a very loyal person (unfortunately, this is used by my friends a little too much sometimes).
2) I have empathy for people and their circumstances. I'm also a defender of people who can't defend themselves.
3) I would do anything for my children to protect them and make them happy. This doesn't mean that I spoil them too much, but they're good kids for the most part and they earn the fun stuff that we do.