Saturday, September 22, 2012
I've made it through the first week of my challenge! Woohoo! I think I'm going to hold off on starting reading The Spark which I just bought for my kindle, until I finish this 30 day challenge and then I can do the 28 day challenge in there afterwards. Making it up as I've been going along has been pretty self-instructive, although I could use some more structure. Couldn't we all?
All is well in the fitness and nutrition world. Well, except I may have gotten a little low sugar while dancing today which was not pleasant. I thought I'd eaten enough before going to my lesson, but I guess an hour straight of dancing in a hot studio -- yikes. I've been doing west coast swing off and on for many years now -- and I love how it has changed over the years. Today though, after feeling a bit light headed and nauseous -- ick. I'll be sure to get enough to eat before I go for a private lesson again!
So today was my official me-day (down 4.2 pounds), but I'm doing a repeat me-day tomorrow to fit with my 30 day challenge. I think I'll be sticking with two me-days per week.. otherwise I tend to go a little offtrack the rest of the day I weigh in and the following day -- which then results in me spending the rest of the week trying to make up for it. No good.
105 degrees today. Ugh. I'm ready for fall and ready to be in Albuquerque already -- can't wait until I get there!
Let's see. Goals for this upcoming weekend:
1. Hike on Saturday and Sunday (in the MORNING when it's not a zillion degrees out)
2. Organize my office (this could be a full-weekend project)
3. Finish my croatia/bosnia photo book (so I can use my 40% off coupon on shutterfly.com)
4. Blog each day and record my food each day. I need to work on a better menu for the weekend as today and yesterday I ended up winging it a little too much, which didn't work out as optimally as it would have had I made a good menu plan to start with.
5. If I have time, go and use my last Groupon coupon for plants for the backyard.
6. Ooh, also forgot this one. Need to organize and drop off some donations to Goodwill.
That ought to keep me busy enough this weekend!
Have a fantastic weekend -- Somewhat fragmented blog tonight, but it's Friday night, at least that's my excuse.
23 more days to go! Hmm. Maybe it would have made more sense to do 28 days. lol. I'll just consider those two extra days as bonus days!