Friday, September 21, 2012
This week was very different for me. I attended my oldest brother's funeral 'back home.' Sad and he certainly will be missed by us all. The good part is that staying at my 'second oldest' brother's home was very healthy for me. Restful, a vacation from caregiving, lots of healthy foods available, and lots of supportive family around. Years ago, growing up, my whole family ate huge meals of mostly Polish foods. It felt impossible to eat healthy. My how times changed! All of us have changed our eating habits. What a difference!
1.Working toward 500 Fitness Minutes goal for the month of Sept. 3 points
2. Daily list foods in SP Food Tracker. 3 points for EATING RIGHT.
Lots of vegetables! Goal to work toward Dr. Fuhrman's Eat for Health Plan.
I actually ate better than usual--but I could not track my foods since I was away from home for the week.
3. A minimum of 8 glasses of water per day 3 points
4. At least 15 minutes of "me" time per day ....3 points
I had a week of 'me time' at my brother's house which is like a hotel for me.
5. Water aerobics at least 3 times per week---- 2 points for general exercise
Not possible to do water aerobics away from home. But we walked lots.
6. Weekly updates on these goals to keep me focused 3 points!
- Weekly update is a good kick in the pants. It's so much better to take an inventory of my progress after a week versus months going by and me wondering "what happened?".