Thursday, September 20, 2012
Hooray! I made it through my detox without dying...or killing anyone else! I decided that in order to keep my motivation going for the days following the detox, I need to remember my accomplishments this week. If I can do it on the detox, I can do it off the detox!
1. I resisted eating a very yummy looking chocolate cheese cake that one of my coworkers brought in for a pot luck on Monday. And believe me, I was REALLY agitated that I couldn't have a piece when my co-workers were talking about how good it was. That took A LOT of will power.
2. At the aforementioned potluck, I managed to only eat detox friendly food...chicken and veggies...while everyone else was eating tacos, fajitas, sour cream, chips, queso...again, really frustrating, but I lived!
3. I cooked at least once EVERY DAY of the detox. Those of you that know me, know that I don't cook, so this was a challenge, but a fun one!
4. I didn't snack on the abundance of candy that is usually making it's way through our office.
5. I managed to get a little bit of exercise each day, no matter how tired I was.
There are a billion more things I could write down, but these are what I consider to be my major accomplishments of the week. Again, if I can do this during my detox, what is stopping me from doing it on a consistent basis? Absolutely nothing!