I'm basically reposting a journal entry from last year. Hey, it's a good post. I want to remind myself about how the same things keep coming up year after year. Time is gonna pass anyway. Might as well change slowly as time goes by!
I'm about 220 right now. Eventually I would like to get down to about 150 (and then see how I feel - haha!), but first things first:
210 - Oct 24
200 - Nov 28
185 - Jan 30
160 - April 3
150 - May 15, 2013
Wouldn't that be AMAZING? To be your goal weight in less than a year? Is it seriously possible? Well, if I work really hard.
I'll have to lose about 7.5 lbs a month to make that happen. That means 1/4 lb a day, or 1.75 a week.
When I put it that way, it doesn't seem that bad. To lose .25 lb a day, I need to eat 875 calories less per day than I would to maintain my weight. That means 1125 a day (if I suppose that I need 2000 a day to maintain).
Or, I could eat the goal calories of 1240-1590 a day, and make sure I burn the difference by working out.
When you do the math, it seems challenging, but achievable.
Motivations for losing weight:
1. my body hates me being this heavy (i'm uncomfortable, sore, etc.)
2. I want to spend the rest of my youth being a healthy weight
3. I want to be energetic
4. I want to get disciplined in other areas of my life too, but I can't do all of them at once.
1. laziness -- giving in to temptation because i'm a laidback person
2. my job -- I sit at a desk all day so I need to figure out how to be more active
This is me last time I got down to 185. I look awesome!