Monday, September 17, 2012
Yes, a new beginning! Why? Because I am at my lowest weight in 6 years and I am still losing! FINALLY!! I began my journey 1/3/11 at 198. By 1/1/12 I was down roughly 12-15 pounds. As of today I am down over 30 pounds and I am securely in the 160s for the first time in 6 years. In fact I am 1 pound LESS than I was then! For the first time in the past 5 years I really believe I CAN and WILL do this! My goal for this round is to securely enter the 150s and hit 155 by New Year's Eve.
What is making the difference this time? A number of things.
* I am currently training for my 2nd and 3rd HM of the year, which will be back to back in two and three weeks.
* I have adopted a much cleaner way of eating.
* I have figured out how to realize when I am full and to STOP eating when I reach that point, no matter how good the food may be.
* Someone made a very nasty comment to me about being in the 170s for so long and it was just the kick in the butt I needed to get the heck out of them once and for all.
* For the first time in 11 rounds, not only did I not gain between rounds, I actually LOST!
* I finally feel like I own this journey!
* I am wearing clothes I haven't worn in nearly 6 years and it feels so great, it's motivated me to get in to even smaller sizes!
It feels so amazing to finally feel like I can see the goal of this long journey I've been on. It's had it's ups and downs and MANY plateaus but I haven't given up and I just keep getting better!