Monday, September 17, 2012
In the first few days of this challenge I have realized how important "planning" is. I have made a list of 10 goals and now I realize that I need to make a plan of how I am going to reach/accomplish these goals.
1. In order to increase my water intake I need to drink my first 5 glasses of water by lunch time. Then drink at least 3 more by dinner time.
2. If I am going to eat a minimum of 4 freggies per day, I will need to go to the grocery store more often. Fresh freggies means better taste and fewer fruit flies!
3. I can still bake, and then TASTE what I bake. Then I have to GIVE THE BAKED GOODS AWAY!!! Do not keep them around the house. And remember, just a taste!
4.No baked goods or sweets in the house means I won't be tempted to eat in the evening. Besides, when I eat after dinner it bothers me when I go to bed.
5. I will need to add my walks to my daily list of things to do. I get so much more accomplished with a daily "to do" list, this should lead to accomplishing my goal of walking 4x per week.
6. The core exercises from my Physical Therapy have been great. These core exercises will also be on my list of things to do! I love lists!!
7. Use my band from PT and do my shoulder strengthening exercises. These will help me stand and walk taller. Do these 5 days per week. Remember, the list!!
8. As I get into the habit of doing my core and shoulder strengthening exercises, I hope to add more, especially cardio. Put this on the list!!
9. Take my vitamins every day. Sounds easy, but it isn't. I seem to get side-tracked somewhere between my thought "take vitamins" and actually doing it. List it!
10. I want to have all Christmas gifts wrapped by the end of BLC20. This will mean less stress and more enjoyment of the season. I will be able to enjoy the local Christmas parade and fireworks, the school concert, outdoor activities in the snow....just relax and enjoy the season.
OK, this doesn't seem like much, but I am talking about changing old habits and making new and healthier habits.
I bought a kayak tonight! Yay! It is late in the season but I plan on getting some time in on the St. Lawrence River before it gets too cold.
It just takes a plan.