30 Day Blog Challenge - Several Days of Catch UP!
Monday, September 17, 2012
So glad that TANYAP71 has all of these questions up front, in a list!
13. What has been the hardest life style change you've made for the sake of losing weight, getting fit, or becoming healthier? Any tips for making that change easier?
Working toward achieving balance has been the most difficult. It feels so unnatural and selfish for me to think of 'putting myself first'. It has helped to remember the instructions that are given before a commercial flight - if the oxygen masks come down, put on your own first before attempting to help someone else with theirs. Whenever I have a choice to sneak in some exercise, I have to fight the other thoughts of - well, there's that load of laundry to fold...baseboards sure could use cleaning...there's them dishes in the sink, girly.
14. What life style changes have been easier than you expected? Why do you think that was?
Changing what I eat has been a lot easier than I thought - not necessarily my 'habits', but what I eat has been pretty easy. I'm not sure why. I just realized the other day that I've become a 'picky' eater, in that processed 'junk' food has absolutely no appeal for me any more. I'd rather eat nothing than that, if junk is the only option.
15. What is your favorite weight loss, fitness, or wellness blog (or website or magazine) outside of sparkpeople?
Hmm...guess I've not really branched out much. I'm going to go spying on how others answered this question!
16. Do you follow an eating 'plan'? (Vegetarian, paleo, South Beach, Atkins, yada yada yada) How has this helped you live a healthier life?
I've picked up some thing off of the Curves Complete meal plans and the meal plans here on Sparkpeople, but not really following a 'plan' - just trying to maintain balance among the food groups and keep the measures on Sparkpeople within acceptable limits (fat, calories, protein, # of fruits/veggies)
17. Do you have any meals/snacks that you repeat over and over? What are they?
Yes - it seems breakfasts go this way for me. Morning is hectic and I hate to say that many times, I am eating standing up whilst packing a lunch, brushing 3 kids hair, yelling at them to get their shoes, backpacks together, etc. So, I eat the Jimmy Dean D'Lite breakfast sandwiches, or I'll make a big batch of oatmeal and have that with fruit and nuts, or whole milk yogurt parfait with fruit and nuts.