Since I signed up for the BLC20, I need to post my plan for success! While thinking about my goals and my plans, several questions have come to mind....What's my motivation? What will I do to help myself be successful? What steps am I going to take to make sure I go the distance? What will make me happy?
While posting my plan may be one of the challenges, I think for me, it is also a tool for success. It's a lot easier to quit something or fall off the wagon, if nobody else knows your plans. So, by sharing with my Spark Family, I am trying to ensure success.
My motivation for joining this challenge is fairly simple. I want to lose some weight, and get healthier while doing so. I figured by joining this challenge it will help me with accountability, and building good habits. I want to be healthier and stronger. I want to do what I want to do, when I want to do it, without being limited. I want to live my life without having to worry about my weight possibly stopping me.
So here is my plan for success:
1. Plan: I know enough about myself that planning ahead is key to success.
When I fly by the seat of my pants, I sometimes make good choices but other times....Not so much. So, as hard as it is, I need to plan, plan, plan. Meals for week 1 and week 2 are already planned.
2. Exercise: I need to exercise regularly and increase the quality of the workouts. Getting in the 'time' in isn't as important as making it quality time. I need to give it my all and not slack.
3. Water: Drink my water. We all know that drinking more water is essential to good health and weight loss, but often that is the first thing that gets 'dropped' when I am busy or waning on my fitness.
4. Sleep: I need to get more sleep. Too little sleep makes it very hard for me to stick with my plans.
So, I will revert to (and stick to) the timeline that I know works for me - getting up early (to workout) and going to bed early. I know that timeline isn't easy (my friends give me a hard time over it), but it works for me. So I am going to be selfish and do what I need to do.
5. Log-In and Blog: I am a person who needs to keep myself on track. Logging in with my FABULOUS team, the Scarlet Starlets,
and blogging my Journey are extremely helpful.
It keeps me on track, and ensures I don't feel alone on this journey.
So that's pretty much it. That's the plan.
In my future blogs I will post my weekly reflections, mini-goals and thoughts about my journey. Maybe some aspects of how I go about the steps in my plan may change, but the actual plan is pretty solid. So there it is.
Now for the before pics. I have debated this part. Didn't really want to post them (does anyone), but I feel that right now, I am strong enough, determined enough, and surrounded by enough amazing and supportive friends here at Spark, that it's not quite as scary a concept as it was at the beginning. So here they are: