The Joys of Cycling
Saturday, September 15, 2012
This morning found me in the aforementioned neighboring county on my bicycle. As I rode I couldn't help but take in my joyful surroundings. Some of the things I would have missed if I had not gone:
1) a crow chasing a red-tailed hawk kamikaze style in the sky over my head
2) beautiful fall wildflowers growing along the road
3) multicolored morning glories taking over this year's spent corn fields
4) the lift-off and ascent of a huge turkey buzzard 10 feet away from me that I startled away from his breakfast of yummy roadkill
5) a praying (to safely get across the road!) mantis right in my path
6) absolutely gorgeous weather
7) a ladybug landing on my handlebar and hanging on for dear life
8) the crowing of roosters and cackling of hens
9) lovely, graceful horses in pastures along the route
10) (and my favorite) a sweet yellow (platinum blond, really) lab sneaking out of a cornfield closely followed by his little buddy, a snow-white goat right in front of me. I had to brake hard to keep from hitting the dog. Made me chuckle as I rode on.
AND bonus: the expenditure of 2290 calories~
A great ride!