I sat down the other day and skimmed through all my journals since 2001. Every other day, I talked about my weight and the disappointment or excitement. Wow.
I have come to a conclusion as to why I have not kept the weight off when lost or losing consistently now.
1. I dont get enough sleep
2. I eat too much of the healthy foods
3. I starve myself when left with unhealthy options to eat
4. All or Nothing attitude
5. I dont eat enough veggies
6. I don't measure my food accurately
7. I still drink diet soda when stressed
8. I drink coffee every morning with cream and sugar (not measuring the sugar/cream)
9. My husband is not on the same page, yet he supports me from a distance. For example, he went grocery shopping today. He bought loads of fruits, veggies, protein bars, ect. But he also bought a pint of ice cream, cookies and chips, specifically for me.
10. I don't have a positive attitude about working out, unless I am in a Zumba or Latin fitness class.
11. I have always been on a diet, instead of changing my lifestyle.
12. I eat without thinking
13. I don't recognize my trigger foods or willing to make adjustments when craving
14. I'm afraid to fail
15. I am out of my comfort zone, when skinny.
16. I have an A Type personality
17. I don't hold myself accountable, when eating, planning, exercise
18. I don't feel worthy of being skinny, fit or healthy
19. I tell myself that I deserve to indulge, even if I haven't worked out. I use the stress of work, kids and marriage as the excuse.
20. When I am losing weight, I still see myself as fat when looking in the mirror.
21. I don't appreciate the small changes
22. I become overwhelmed when planning food
23. I have read too many fitness/ weight loss books that I am totally confused.
24. I feel guilty about purchasing healthier foods, because it adds so much more to our budget