Review of goals for the first week of September.
1. Blog once per week. My goal was to blog my progress once a week and this is my blog for the week, so that is a
2. Plan nutrition ahead, hopefully for the entire week, and include snacks/treats in the meal plan. This was
I had hopes that this week would be better, but so far it has not been. For some reason I am struggling with this. I think it may have something to do with adjusting to a new schedule of not working combined with some unusual happenings like lunch out, etc.
3. Track food daily, before eating. I did a fairly good job of tracking food daily, but not before eating. Hopefully I will have better success this week if I succeed in planning one day at a time.
a. Strength - I did not achieve this goal at all during week 1, but I will be doing better this week.
b. Yoga - I only got it in once last week, but I did do a lot more stretching, esp. my hip and back. I will be achieving 2 times this week.
c. Cardio – I only got in one Zumba class last week because of the holiday, but I did get in 5 days of 30 to 66 minutes of cardio and the other 2 days I got in at least 15 minutes. so I am taking this as a
d. Steps – average 6,000 steps per day. I did not get an average of 6,000 steps per day, but I did get 5,285 average so not too bad.
5. Weight loss – 4 pounds for the month. I lost a little over 1 pound so that is a
if I can keep it up.
6. Work on getting into the daily meditation habit. I did meditation a couple of days, so I need to work on this more this week.
So, overall, I am pleased with