Wednesday, September 12, 2012
I have been a little off my normal path for awhile, but I am slowly making my way back! I must say it feels great to get back to a schedule and routine finally! I have plenty of things that have held me back in the past, but I will only list a few here.
1. WORK! This doesn't hold me back so much as it puts up obstacles in my path! I work 2 jobs and at times they are stressful, but it is really just the fact that I work 12 hour shifts and that doesn't leave much time to figure in exercise! I am changing that slowly and making myself accountable!
2. SLEEP! Big issue for a lot of the same reasons listed above. Working on this too!
Now, for the tougher issues...
3. I find myself out of control at times and I binge when there is no need for it. We are not starving, we have plenty to eat, and nobody is telling me I can't have anything. I just sometimes feel like I have to sneak to a fast food restaurant and eat whatever I can and then hide the evidence! This cannot continue! From this day forward, I am going to hold myself accountable for my binging! If I stop for some take out, I will ask myself before ordering..."Would you be ashamed to tell your family what you just ate?" "Would you post this on your Titans page?". Then if I go ahead and do it, I will not hide the wrappers. I will come straight home and tell my family what I had to eat and then I will post or blog about it! I am going to end this habit once and for all!
4. ME, myself, and I! I am my worst and best friend! I can convince myself that I am never going to reach my goals and what does it matter anyway? This is STINKIN' THINKIN'!!!! I am not doing this anymore! I will try to blog or post for support when I am getting down and out. There is no way I will reach my goals if I don't believe in them and myself!
5. I'll do better tomorrow...I'm sure nobody has ever heard this before! Procrastination is an enemy and there is no time like today! Right now works! If I have time to make excuses I have time to do whatever I am putting off until tomorrow! Plan for disasters and it will be great when there isn't any!
So, I guess I am my biggest thing holding me back! I am going to do a lot to work on this during this challenge! When i don't think there is time for exercise, I will do 10 minutes and see how it goes! Most likely it will turn into 30 minutes! I have set a bedtime for myself and the phone or Kindle is not to be turned on after 9:00 am. I will set my alarm for 3:30 pm and this should help with my sleep issues!
With this plan put out there and my weaknesses no longer hidden, I say to my fellow Biggest Losers...Let's Kick This Weight To The CURB!