Tuesday, September 11, 2012
You ever have one of those days where by the end you just want to curl up in bed and hope it's a long time before another one happens? Yeah, that was yesterday for me ... at least sort of. Here's what happened:
2. Got to work 20 minutes late
3. Got assigned last minute URGENT project from boss
4. Went to the bathroom, realized my period started and I didn't have any tampons, and the closest drugstore is a 2 mile walk away since there's no parking.
5. Got text from roommate saying dogs had spread trash around the house and pooped all over.
6. Finished work, headed home, got stuck in awful traffic that made my 45 minute commute an hour and a half.
7. Got home, 20 minutes late to meet my trainer, and discovered my dog had puked all over the couch.
Yeah, that was a lot for the day, and I was starting to get really frustrated and angry, and was tempted to just eat whatever I found since it seemed crazy, and was like, whatever it is, it's better than dealing with this. And then I realized I was missing the point ... because yes, all of that was super frustrating, but there were some real high points.
1. Turned down a coworker for lunch because I had scheduled myself to go for a run.
2. Got a request for a second round interview for a new job.
3. Put in a hard workout with my trainer, burning over 600 calories.
I made some real strides forward, and if I had let myself really focus on all the tedious crap life throws at me, I would have missed that some super good things happened yesterday. I'm glad I took the step back to really look at my day, and realize that all in all, it was a pretty good day.
Now, on a side note. Today's Spark Coach task was to look at our underlying motivation. I have struggled with this for awhile, because I'm not looking to lose weight for my kids, or because I have been diagnosed with a a scary medical condition. None of my motivations felt that big ... then it hit me. I really like clothes and fashion, and for years I have walked by the "regular" sizes and wished, just desperately wished I could put some of that on my body, just to see what it looks like. This is what I want more than anything, is to be able to go into a store, and try on the latest fashions, and just know that something in there will fit. To even be able to get to be more discerning because each brand makes more than two tops in your size, would be AWESOME. I have an image of myself in the future, and I'm this super chic professional woman. I do a decent job now, but I want to be so much chic-er ... and on top of my fashion game. So maybe it's shallow or a little materialistic, but if i'm honest, this is really really why I want to lose weight.