Yo, bee-yotches, I'm back in the house!
(Not that I ever *really* left, don'tcha know...)
So, here's a quick recap for those who missed the last episode:
- On 8/22/12, I ran 20 amazing minutes without stopping (I blogged about it with girlish enthusiasm!)
- On 8/26/12, I woke up to an evil surprise -- Achilles Tendonitis in full flare on my right heel (I blame the Girl Scouts. Blogged about that, too, with churlish regret...)
- On 8/29/12, me and the fam checked in at the Hotel Dragon*Con with many costumes for the young-un in tow. At my very first panel, John Barrowman dropped trou within the first five minutes, making it an ever-so-special event. The husband, the kiddo and I walked (even with my gimpy leg) and ate and drank (grownups only, of course!) for four and a half days straight. One week later, I'm pretty sure I'm still hungover (but don't get nervous -- notable alcoholic overindulgences only occurred when child was spending the night at a friend's house).
- On 8/30/12, the hubs & I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary.
That morning, I also tried running on the hotel treadmill in an attempt to "test out my leg" (well, that and I wanted to see if any famous people were working out at 6am. Sadly, they weren't). The heel didn't let me get very far at all, so I stopped running, started stretching and resigned myself to walking only at the Con.
- On 8/31/12, I was still at the hotel, so without a scale -- but I didn't need one to tell me that I'd missed my SP goal of losing 40# by 8/31/12. How much did I miss it by? By at least 1.4 pounds...not so bad, really, although over the next few days of eating/drinking/etc. that margin surely expanded by quite a bit.
- On 9/4/12, it was the beginning of a new week and I'd planned on starting back with the running. That would've meant that I'd given my stupid heel 8 full days to settle down, but either that simply wasn't long enough or I'd injured it further by walking at Dragon*Con because Monday came and went and my heel hurt like hell. I postponed the return to running until 9/10/12.
- On 9/4/12 - 9/9/12, with my foot still hurting, the kiddo home from school with Con Crud, (and thus, me off from work because of child home from school), I ate with wild abandon. Chocolate Chip cookies were made and eaten. White Castle Cheeseburgers were also involved. I'm not ashamed of this, but then again, I've not stepped gimpy foot on a scale since 8/29.
- On 9/5/12, I announced my intention to return to running on 9/10 on SP in my status update.
- On 9/10/12 @5:30am, I did not return to running. Gimpy-ish leg, but was mostly a grumblecake this morning thanks to weird family dynamics the previous evening. Call me peevish and still moderately gimpy.
- On 9/10/12 @9:00am, I returned to the office after my one-and-a-half weeks of vacation, only to face a generous co-worker who'd brought 12 tons of brownie bites and other cakes and things in for us all to eat (in a stroke of irony, I'd later find out that they were funereal leftovers). In a surprising moment of clarity, my morbid self somehow managed to avoid the morbid treats.
- On 9/10/12 @3:40pm, I foolishly made another pledge to return to running THIS COMING MONDAY (9/17). WILL SOMEONE PLEASE KICK ME IN MY VIRTUAL ARSE IF I GO BACK ON THIS PLEDGE?!?!?!
- On 9/10/12 @4:00pm, I logged into SP and finally logged my damn food!
So, that's it. Baby steps back, I suppose.
Thanks for the sweet inquiries as to my sudden silence! I've missed every damn last one of you!