Saturday, September 08, 2012
Here's the introduction text I'm replacing:
The principle is competing against yourself. Itís about self-improvement, about being better than you were the day before. -- Steve Young
From 7/31/2011 to 11/19/2011, I am participating in Season 9 of the Done Girls seasonal challenges - INSPIRE (Ignite New Strength, Passions, Inspiration and Reflect Everyday). I am a member of the Sunny Gals team, a wonderful group of inspiring women!
Sunny Gals Shine Lighter and Brighter All Year Round!
We've got Sun!
Yes We Do!
We've got Sun!
How about you?
Here are some of my reasons for wanting to lose weight:
1. I want to fit into seats better -- at movie theaters, on airplanes, at amusement parks...
2.I'm tired of shopping in the "Plus" size sections of the store. The selection there is usually terrible.
3. I do not want my knee pains and occasional back pains to turn into something more serious.
4. I'd like to have more energy.
Quotes that Inspire Me:
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
-- George Bernard Shaw
One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.
- Lucille Ball
Our doubts are traitors,
And make us lose the good we oft might win,
By fearing to attempt.
-- William Shakespeare
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.
-- Maria Robinson
To insure good health: Eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.
-- William Londen
Finish each day
And be done with it.
You have done what you could.
Some blunders and
Absurdities have crept in.
Forget them as soon as you can.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
There are always flowers for those who want to see them.
-- Henri Matisse
Live life fully while you're here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird. Go out and screw up! You're going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process. Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don't try to be perfect; just be an excellent example of being human.
-- Anthony Robbins
The more you have, the more youíre occupied; the less you have, the more free you are. -- Mother Teresa
(This one is good for me because I am working on decluttering.)
Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things only hoped for. -- Epicurus
We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons. -- Jim Rohn
If what you are doing is worth doing, hang in there until it is done.
-- Nido Qubein
[Y]ou must make the decision to change your life and
you must make the commitment to change your life. You must make a PIG COMMITMENT: ďThe chicken and the pig agree to co-host a barnyard breakfast and the chicken suggests they serve bacon and eggs. The pig replies, -For you that means involvement. For me it is total commitment.-Ē
(Taken from Gung Ho! By Ken Blanchard and Sheldon Bowles).
FEAR = False Evidence Appearing Real
- Hill Harper? (Not sure if he got this one from someone else or not.)
"I am Me. In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me. Everything that comes out of me is authentically mine, because I alone chose it -- I own everything about me: my body, my feelings, my mouth, my voice, all my actions, whether they be to others or myself. I own my fantasies, my dreams, my hopes, my fears. I own my triumphs and successes, all my failures and mistakes. Because I own all of me, I can become intimately acquainted with me. By so doing, I can love me and be friendly with all my parts. I know there are aspects about myself that puzzle me, and other aspects that I do not know -- but as long as I am friendly and loving to myself, I can courageously and hopefully look for solutions to the puzzles and ways to find out more about me. However I look and sound, whatever I say and do, and whatever I think and feel at a given moment in time is authentically me. If later some parts of how I looked, sounded, thought, and felt turn out to be unfitting, I can discard that which is unfitting, keep the rest, and invent something new for that which I discarded. I can see, hear, feel, think, say, and do. I have the tools to survive, to be close to others, to be productive, and to make sense and order out of the world of people and things outside of me. I own me, and therefore, I can engineer me. I am me, and I am Okay."
TEN THOUGHTS TO LIVE BY:
1. Thou shalt not worry, for worry is the most unproductive of all human activities.
2. Thou shalt not be fearful, for most of the things we fear never come to pass.
3. Thou shalt not cross bridges before you come to them, for no one yet has succeeded in accomplishing this.
4. Thou shalt face each problem as it comes; you can only handle one at a time anyway.
5. Thou shalt not take problems to bed with you, for they make very poor bedfellows.
6. Thou shalt not borrow other peoples' problems. They can better care for them than you can.
7. Thou shalt not try to relive yesterday for good or ill, for it is forever gone. Concentrate on what is happening in your life and be happy now.
8. Thou shalt be a good listener, for only when you listen do you hear ideas different from your own. It is hard to learn something new when you are talking, and some people do know more than you do.
9. Thou shalt not become bogged down by frustration, for 90 percent of it is rooted in self-pity and will only interfere with positive action.
10. Thou shalt count thy blessings, never overlooking the small ones -- for a lot of small blessings add up to a big one!
-- Author unknown
From 3/27/2011 to 7/30/2011, I am participating in the Fat Equals Funk, Fit Equals Fabulous! (FEF Squared) Done Girls Seasonal Challenge as part of the Sunny Gals!
From 1/2/2011 to 3/26/2011, I participated in the Pump Up Strength and Health (PUSH) Done Girls Seasonal Challenge as part of the Sunny Gals, losing 7.8 lbs!
From 9/26/2010 to 12/25/2010, I participated in the Winter Is Near (WIN) Done Girls Challenge as part of the Sunny Gals!
Earlier SparkPage Intros:
The 8/14/2011 to 8/6/2011 SparkPage:
This one covered most of 2009 and was last updated in Jan. 2010, saved in Blog Dated 8/14/2010
2/22/2008 Intro, saved in Blog Dated 2/28/2009
Very First SparkPage Intro, circa August or September 2007, saved in Blog Dated 2/22/2008