Saturday, September 08, 2012
Good morning to one and all! It has not been a week quite yet since I stopped tracking, but I went ahead and weighed myself as usual. The result: maintaining 115. That made me feel good, but this experiment is definitely about much more than that. I am trying to reconnect with myself and pull away from obsessing about everything.
1) I have found that if I stay out of the kitchen, I don't really think about food (stinks that the laptop is in there, but I can move it out to the livingroom if I need to after work).
2) If I start to go grab more food, I stop and ask, "Does my body really want that or does my mind?" As crazy as that makes me sound, it has helped me a lot. I can listen to what my body is saying and know that if I eat anything more, it is because I am choosing to do something that will hurt me.
3) I am getting concerned about my protein and other nutrients that I used the tracker to tell me if I was getting enough on my vegan diet. Thankfully, I have a plethora of past days where I met my marks that were tracked here, so I can go back and see what I ate and what got me the most bang for my buck (or calorie).
4) I still face overeating at dinner time now that I work out in the morning because I suddenly seem to be ravenous by the time I get off work and go pick up my son from daycare. I guess that I will just have to start packing more snacks. I wonder why working out in the morning makes me so much more hungry during the day.
3 Things That I Thank the Lord For
1) Getting to spend more time with my son over the last few days.
2) Having my prayers answered and being encouraged to draw closer to the Lord.
3) Keeping me motivated to get healthier and work on the problems in my life.
3 Things That Made Me Happy
1) Talking to my sister and supporting one another.
2) Listening to my son talk for more than an hour about all of the adventures he wants to go on. That kid is a big dreamer, just like his momma and daddy!
3) Spending some quiet time with my husband before falling asleep, which was much needed!
I hope that everyone has a wonderful and active weekend!